Thanks for your patience over the past few weeks and a lack of postings. Mosaic Wine Group has been chock fulla travel, but we’ve got a slew of updates, including some great news, incredible press and exciting events to keep your wine needs and desires sated!
Hope that everyone is having a wonderful winederful summer. With consistent triple-digit temperatures and no foreseeable end in sight, may we recommend some cool, crisp, aromatic white wines, rosés and (of course) sparkling wine!
Jeff Feinberg and Dan Redman of Mosaic Wine Group blind taste sparkling wines in the vineyards at Laetitia.
May we suggest the following quaffable wines for your summer wine needs?
- Laetitia Brut Cuvee
- Laetitia Brut Rosé
- Bisol Jeio Rosé
- Bisol Crede Prosecco
Lucio Mastroberardino of Terredora di Paolo is well known for his crisp, aromatic white wines
- Terredora di Paolo Falanghina, 2008 (Campania, Italy)
- Domaine du Salvard Cheverny, 2008 (Loire Valley, France)
- Bonny Doon Albariño, 2007 (Monterey, California)
- Bonny Doon Dry Muscat, 2007 (Monterey, California)
- Groom Sauvignon Blanc, 2008 (Adelaide Hills, Australia)
- Patz & Hall Dutton Ranch Chardonnay, 2006 (Sonoma, California)
- Neyers Carneros District Chardonnay, 2007 (Carneros, California)
- Abbazia di Novacella Kerner, 2007 ( Alto Adige, Italy)
- Arizona Stronghold ‘TAZI’, 2008 (Cochise County, Arizona)
- Cantele Negroamaro Rosato, 2008 (Puglia, Italy)
- Bonny Doon Vin Gris de Cigare, 2008 (California)
- Hippolyte Reverdy Sancerre Rosé, 2008 (Loire Valley, France)
- Arizona Stronghold ‘Dayden’ Rosé, 2008 (Cochise County, Arizona)
Chateau Trinqueuedel Tavel Rosé, Domaine du Salvard Cheverny Rosé, Hippolyte Reverdy Sancerre Rosé
and Argiano L’O Rosato (clockwise from top left)
Light-to-Medium Bodied Red Wines:
- Marcel Lapierre Morgon, 2007 (Beaujolais, France)
- Capestrano Montepulciano d’Abruzzo, 2007 (Abruzzo, Italy)
- Laetitia Estate Pinot Noir, 2007 (Arroyo Grande, California)
- Patz & Hall Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir, 2007 (Sonoma, California)
Posted in accolades, education, events, food and wine, media, Mosaic Supporters, Mosaic Wine Group, our recommendations, our wines, people, wine, wine professionals
Tagged Abbazia di Novacella, Argiano, Arizona Stronghold, Bisol, Bonny Doon, Bruce Neyers, Cantele, Capestrano, Chateau Trinquevedel Tavel, Cheverny, Domaine du Salvard, Donald Patz, Dutton Ranch, Hippolyte Reverdy, Jeff Feinberg, Kerner, Laetitia, Marcel Lapierre, Morgon, Negroamaro, Neyers, Patz & Hall, Randall Grahm, Sancerre, Tazi, Terredora, Vin Gris de Cigare
Steiner Ranch Steakhouse
5424 Steiner Ranch Blvd
Austin TX 78732-2465
If ever a picture were worth a thousand words, it would have to be this image of the signature dish at Steiner Ranch Steakhouse (Austin): Bobby’s Bone-In Filet paired with Produttori del Barbaresco 2005 Barbaresco. Steiner Ranch Steakhouse features a number of Mosaic Wine Group productions including Produttori del Barbaresco, Damilano Barolo, and the award-winning Carneros Chardonnay by Neyers Vineyards.
Mosaic Wine Group hosted a wonderful evening of great food and wine featuring the fine wines of Neyers Vineyards at BraeBurn Country Club on Saturday, February 28, 2009. Historic BraeBurn Country Club was founded in 1926 in Houston, Texas and is best known for its incredible golf course and amenities. BraeBurn Country Club provides a beautiful setting in which to host a wine dinner, and they have been an enormous supporter of the Mosaic Wine Group portfolio.
Above: The dessert course paired with the 2006 Neyers Pato Vineyard Zinfandel.
The 5-course dinner menu was perfectly paired with the fine wines from Neyers Vineyards, featuring a couple of his fine selections, including:
- 2007 Carneros District Chardonnay
- 2007 El Novillero Chardonnay
- 2005 Old Lakeville Highway Syrah
- 2004 Neyers Ranch Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2005 ‘AME’ Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2006 Pato Vineyard Zinfandel
Bruce Neyers (left) is a veteran of the wine industry, having launched Neyers Vineyards in 1992, and also acting as National Sales Director for French importer Kermit Lynch Wine Merchant. Bruce’s philosophy with wine is simple – to produce the best quality wines possible from the best vineyards and with minimal intervention. His winemaking team includes superstar consultant Ehren Jordan (Turley, Failla) and Tadeo Borchardt who utilize organic vineyard practices in their 50-acre estate and purchase fruit from the best and brightest vineyards throughout Napa, Sonoma and Contra Costa County.
Above: A toast to Bruce Neyers.
For more information of Neyers Vineyards check out their website at http://www.neyersvineyards.com. Mosaic Wine Group proudly represents the fine wines from Neyers Vineyards, and also works with Bruce by representing the Kermit Lynch Wine Merchant portfolio in Texas.
Above: Wine Club President Denis Wood introducing the staff.
Posted in events, food and wine, Mosaic Wine Group, our wines
Tagged BraeBurn Country Club, Bruce Neyers, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Denis Wood, Kermit Lynch Wine Merchant, Mosaic Wine Group, Napa Valley, Neyers, Shell Open Golf Tournament, Zinfandel